Monday, December 15, 2008

What A Blast: day 1

A great time was had by this blogger in V.mecca. I met some fun people, nice people. I figure the only friends I did not make were the ones I did not have the opportunity to meet or to talk to more than just a cursory hello. I have a special place in my heart from this weekend for Kat. She was my roomie and my intro to this my first blogger event. We met at the airport and shared a cab to the IP. After checking in, we made our way down to the Geisha bar where I was delighted to meet the likes of OhCaptain and OhCountess, who were the nicest people you would ever want to meet anywhere at anytime,; Buddy Dank and Joanada were just as much fun in person as they are on the radio. I got to speak with Pauly, who was holding court with Derek, Rooster, and Iggy, which was definitely a treat for me.

I then made my way over to the poker room for poker schizophrenia, or as some people call it, 8 game. It's all the HORSE games, plus baduggi, 2-7 triple draw, and O high. Even the dealers were confused. But I met some more nice folk, the least of which was not the good Dr. Chako, Zeem, PokerPrincess, CK, and Alan. I knew better than to sit down, but I could not resist the opportunity to meet over our shared hobby. Now, it was 3 in the morning east coast, and I was tired in addition to my normal stupidity at mixed games, but mission was accomplished, and a good time ensued. The high light hand: Zeem hit quad 7's in Razz--like that shit is only supposed to happen on line. The highlight event: just meeting everyone. After some fun and my innitial donation was spent, I made my way to bed. (about 5:30 eastern). . .more later.

5 comments:

DrChako said...

Awesome meeting you. Can't wait 'til next time.

-DrC

Zeem said...

I'm so glad we got a chance to hang out. Best wishes from the Jet City!

Z

BamBam said...

Muhc - That was like a Blogger T.V. table if I've ever heard one! Well... 'cept for Zeem.

;)

Glad you had as muhc fun as you could, first a first gathering. Now let's start planning the nt one, that we can meet at!

Shrike said...

Enjoyed meeting you. Glad you could make the pinball expedition, too!

-PL

OhCaptain said...

It was our pleasure meeting and hanging out with you. Can't wait to til next time!