Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On Mercy, Justice and Luck

The range of Luck says anyone can win at anytime. This is the case most anytime I win. Justice, a concept which has little to do with poker, nonetheless makes me believe if I get my cards in good more times that not, I will win more times that not- Bwaaahhhaaahhhaa to that BS. I need to develop way more game to even begin to think about that concept.

Mercy, though, that is a concept that I seem to be running on of late. I absolutely love playing cards with the Tuckfards on Monday nights. If I had to give up all other play, I could begrudgingly do so, as long as I could play with the Tuckfardian knights of the land up north. Recently, the TFII was changed from a HORSE format, to an O8 format. Personally, I miss the HORSE, and hate the O8. Just don't care for O8, personal preference. On that note, I would probably play Old Maid if that were the Tuckfardian choice for a tournament format. It is always that much fun to hang out with BamBam, Carson, Suzy-Q, TGL, Memphis Mojo, Cemfredmd, DonK, RedneckTF, Baywolfe, and anyone else I am missing which I beg your pardon for not mentioning. This is a fun group. No two ways about it.

Now back to the mercy concept. Mercy- basically giving some one grace when they don't deserve it. Certainly, like justice, a concept that should be foreign to the poker table. But it is the only thing I can think of that allowed me to pull out a win in the TFII, O8 tourney last night knowing that I hate the game and really don't feel comfortable playing it.

Either that, or the poker gods do what they do only to torture me later.:

Devil on my left shoulder: You can win this anytime, you did it once, you can do it again. It is your natural born right to be good at something.
Angel on my right shoulder: Stay humble don't set yourself up for disappointment tilt.

D: Don't listen to that dipshit. Don't worry that you don't know shit about O8, or most other online poker tourneys for that matter. . .you are a natural, push, push, push.
A: Oh this is not gonna be pretty.. . .
(bet, raise, pot, call, get all chips in with a turned nut straight, and a nut low draw, only to see it pair the 3 on the board giving a boat to the opponent and no low split)
D: Bwahahaha, Gigli is not good enough for you, fool, you knew you hated this game before you started listening to me, bwahahaha.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Somehow...... despite your self-proclaimed lack of writing talent, you've managed to describe Omatard to a perfect tee!

Nice win and thanks for always being there for us! It's folks like yourself, that make TuckFard Monday's the one night I always look forward to.