Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Games 9, 10, and 11

Well, what the hell do results have to do with making the right decisions?? I haven't the foggiest. But looking back the one thing this exercise has pointed me toward doing is trying to make the right decisions each time. I was fairly consistent about getting my money in with the best cards. They just didn't hold up all the time. Some of those times, my stack was so short that the would be caller was getting the event odds of knocking me out. I can pretty consistently get to the booobulous table. I gotta have some chips when I get there, or I'm mostly chum.


Anyhow:


Game 9 saw me as chip leader while there were still well over 50 players. My pocket A's got help, and I beat out pocket k's and pocket 9's (which also got help). I finished in 9th position. . .cha ching, ha ha. There were some hands I coulda played that as it turned, I woulda held. However, I got super tight, if for no other reason, to make the final table. I got there with the second lowest amount of chips and was quickly put into an all or nothing situation. I lost, but it was certainly a moral victory to cash.


Game 10 (5th place) The highlight play was when my Ah, 10h saw a two hearts on the flop with a 7h, 3h, 9x. 3 people are in with me, and I am faced with pushing in most of my stack. (over 9k in pot, I have 2.5 k and needing to call 1k to stay in. I push, two go away, the 1k calls and shows Q9 os. I hit an A on the river and get a lecture from the caller about chasing an A. I told him I was chasing the heart, because I had a nut flush draw and I thought the pot odds were right, not to mention I had a gutshot straight. Anyhow, I played it tight and aggressive from there and worked my way to 5th, Incidentally, I was knocked out when my AA lost to chip leader's kk that got help on the flop. At that point I was well below the rest of the field. If I had doubled up, I would still been in 5th, though only a few thousand chips woulda separated the 2nd through 5th.



So 5.62 + 18.00 = 23.62. That makes me a loser with a small "l". Practice it with me now: Go to the mirror. Put your hand on you forehead palm toward you. Bring your fingers into a fist and leave the single center finger up. There you have it. Loser with a "small L". You know I have noticed people making this gesture in my honor in all kinds of places. . .traffic jams, Family Court buildings (mostly by the "losing" party toward the prevailing party), teenagers (toward their parents, when they think they are not looking), and President Bush toward the entire US population (oh well, not gonna go into that any further, I think Rupert Murdoch and that Chaney kid mighta been egging him on).

Game 11 (3.3) Feeling confident from the cash roll that I have been experiencing, I decide to play a bonus game. Damn if I don't finish in 6th place. I gotta be honest, it seemed easier than any of the others, maybe because I was not feeling the pressure of being 0 for 8. I played fairly tight. Didot go to war with anything less than trips, my QQ held up twice, my KK was beaten by a stack that was being blinded out, so it didnt hurt too much. My sooted connectors, and my A, Face, and my medium pair hole cards made me some chips in the booobulous zone. It was actually kind of fun.


So, thanks for stoppin by, ya'll come back now, ya hear!

No comments: