Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Tourney Experiment

I played in the MATH last night. I did have to adjust my starting hand requirements to account for the six handed format. But I was able to play disciplined according to my goal for the most part. I did eventually finish 5 out of 15. I was low man, hovering at about 10 BBs when I woke up with JJ. Not a bad hand for my position and relative low stack. As it turned out I got all my chips in with the best hand in a classic race situation. Kat called with AQo there was an A somewhere in the flop, so IGH. Not altogether happy, but not altogether disappointed either.

I will play one more blogger event this week. Probably the Skills or Riverchasers, as they start earlier, but with the number of entrants being low right now the 10:00 pm start in the Mookie should allow me to get to bed by midnight. Same strategy--not necessarily to win, but to remain disciplined though the whole tourney. This is, for me, a lesson in self patience and discipline.

As always, thanks for stoppin by, ya'll come back now, you hear!

No comments: