Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Horseshoe up my. . . (or Trifecta II)

As I understand it, the term Trifecta originated in the horse racing world for the person who was able to "predict" the 1st, 2d and 3d place finishers. In modern slang it can indicate a favorable multiple phenomenon. I believe that it is a term that lends itself to donkey racing, or online tournament poker as it is more commonly known. That being said, I do believe this donkey found a horseshoe over this past weekend:

Donkament 2d
Tuckfard I 3d
Tuckfard II 1st

WooHoo!! to quote that great American philosopher Homer Simpson. A repeat performance from the bottom of the poker world (I had a similar run in June), but in the top of the land of fun. I am now the self proclaimed: Donkey of the week!!!

Ironically, in the TFI, Carson finished 1st, I was 3rd, we traded spots in the TFII. For my part, it was the luck of not zigging when I shoulda zagged, insteaded of any particular skill. I started out lucky when my pocket q's found a third on the river of an AKx flop- actually I was lucky twice in that no one raised me out of the pot before the river. I also took a hit when my Kx soooted, found a flush where I lost to the nut flush in the same sooot. Shortly thereafter, I was almost out of chips in TFI, suckin wind bad, when I went AI w/ 2 high clubs in the sb and luckily hit. Still in last place I went AI w/ Q 10 in my next BB. This is when I suspected I may have been carrying a little extra lead in my butt as I sucked out again. By this time the TFII had started, and unlike many of my on line brethren, who seem to have the talent to play 2 or 3 or 4 if not billions of games at the same time, I have quite the difficult time keeping up with playing one tourney--particularly a TF tourney where the chat box is always full of good humor, friendly banter, and witty quips.

As for the Tuckfard II, I can't say what happened. Generally, whenever I think for the slightest moment that I have horse figured out, I follow that thought up with big losses and early outs in sngs and small stake tables. A humbling game. . .with the potential to cause pain when I find myself staying in hands I should have folded one, two, or three streets earlier. Anyhow, the cards gods were smiling on me the past few days. Fun tourneys, good friends, and a good time, what more can one ask for??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good night for both of us.

Ironically, I busted out of IT's game when I ran my Kx flush into a Ax flush... mine to was in clubs.

BamBam said...

I say support MemphisMojo and be greedy! "What more can you ask for?" I'll tell you what.....

I want "The Rainbows" lady to play with us!

;)

Oh.... and nice run too!

OhCaptain said...

Congrats on the nice run!

I too want rainbow lady to play with us :-D