Saturday, March 15, 2008

patience. . .patience. . . . . . . .patience

I try not to be serious and anyone reading my goop should not take me too seriously. I am serious when I say I have had a bit of an epiphany about poker and patience. Sometimes I got it . . . sometimes I don't. There is a direct correlation between patience and my poker play. Not only having the patience to wait for optimal cards, but the patience to shake off a bad beat without putting myself on tilt. . . .the patience to get up and walk away fro a bad run before it becomes a disastrous run. The patience to be disciplined enough not to play on line when I am distracted, bored, or tired.

I have had some very good luck with PLO H/L of late. For the longest time the game confused me. Then I came to understand good starting hands, and position, but after the flop I was lost. Bad beats put me on tilt and I did not have a clue. However, all of a sudden (or maybe not so suddenly) it is like the blinders have been lifted and I see.

For the longest time I have had an empty knowledge. It was like I knew the principals, but I could not apply the principals. It has definitely made a difference in my bankroll. Very small as it is by most of the standards I see and read about, but it is growing and more importantly I am managing it. I know I still have a lot to learn about the game, but I feel like I am starting to have a clue.

No comments: