Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Old(er), but Undefeated

Since I last posted I have passed a couple of milestones. On September 14--I reached the ripe old age of 49. I never thought I would live that long. Man, there was a time in life when 49 wasn't old. . . not because it was not old, but because it wasn't even on the horizon after birthdays that I considered to be old. Then, there was the mythological age of 49: wisdom would have been attained; unmet desires and heartbreaks would no longer haunt the soul; pain would be a distant memory; the world would have long been conquered; and perfect balance in life and love would have been reached. How these mythological states where to be accomplished are even more cloudy now than they were then- and I don't even partake in the cloud enhancement program anymore. Anyhow, I am 49, alive, unburdened by fairy tale existence (other than being married to the most wonderful lady in the whole world), and not feeling nearly as old as I imagined a younger me would have suffered through.

Second, I have played in my first two Fantasy Football Games. I can say now--something I will never, ever (probably) be able to say about anything else in my life: I am undefeated. . . for life. Never in my life has anyone ever beat me in fantasy football. I may never, ever win another game (a fate I may have sealed by typing this), but as of today, I am undefeated, Bitches. Even tongue in cheek, that's kind of fun to say.

We had no tourney last week, and probably not this week either, since Ben and Jo are preparing for blissful nuptials. We will probably resume in October. Though, I will sign in for Friday night, just in case.

Tourney: Benjover
Place/time: FT 10 pm eastern
pw: talkinggoat
game: $1 rebuy

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Well, Happy (belated) Birthday.

OhCaptain said...

Happy birthday, sir!

BamBam said...

Happy belated Muhc! Man YOU ARE OLD!

:)

Memphis MOJO said...

49 isn't old. Heck, he's a spring chicken compared to some of us (ahem).