Thursday, December 20, 2007

no wisdom, no luck, and the poker gods have snubbed me.

We all go through stretches of bad luck, bad beats and donkey moves that burn us up. Hell, truth be told, we all cause the same to others. Anyhow, my pp's aren't holding up or catching any help, but my opponents are catching killer sets against my 2pr or high pp. My suited connectors are falling off the face of the earth, making me wonder what the fuck I was dong calling the bb to start with. My bold moves of raising my high pairs and medium pairs are being called and soundly whipped. It makes me feel downright stupid. . .like I don't know hat the hell I am doing. However, I realise, when the luck is running, I am not as good as I think I am. Likewise, when I in the midst of a bad streak of luck, I am not as bad as I think I am.

The real key is not to let my headiness in winning, nor my frustration in losing, to cloud my judgment in evaluating my play. I am not a pro, but I think I am better than most amateurs. I have played a few blogger tourneys over the last 2 weeks. I have cashed only in one. Last night I played in the mookie for the first time. I went out rather unremarkably within the first hour. I caught pocket 7's, 8's 10's Q's and jacks. . which I played and all lost. incidentally, I folded pocket 3'a and pocket 5's , both turned up on the flop and would have held. I became a little snake bit when my QQ lost to KK when nothing higher than 10 fell out on the board. I was a little proud of myself at not losing more than I did on the hand. I eventually went out with a fizzle, when I went ai with AK against AJ. J fell on the river, and I fell into the ether. . .

Poker happens, sometimes the poker gods smile, sometimes they frown. They causeth chips to be distributed and redistributed unto all and from all, sometimes the relative skill, worth, or heart of the particular player has nothing more to contribute to the equation than the flip of a coin.

1 comment:

BigPirate said...

The Mookie is a cruel mistress. I think I played it for a year before cashing.