Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Further Musings of a Slacker

Sometimes words on a page do not convey the intended effect that they have in the mind when they are written. To the extent that one is able to convey ideas, emotions, humor, humility, hubris, etc., when intended, he is successful at his endeavor. Yesterday, I sought to shed hubris, embrace humility, and give grateful homage to friends who are appreciated while enjoying a little self effacing humor. There was not one inkling of self pity in what I wrote. As much as anything, I was attempting to motivate myself to make a renewed effort to write.

It is the season of the BBT, but you won't read about that here. I will suffer my bad beats in silence, and you will suffer my donkey suckouts however you wish. In the end there will be only one winner. My goal is to make the best decision I can-not go out on stupid plays. If I am successful at that, it does not eliminate the problems caused by not catching cards or (the much worse problem) catching second best cards. If some one pays for all seven, they get to play all seven. We all vote with our chips. Sometimes our candidate is the set that falls to the straight, and sometimes we back the dark horse pair of 7's that hold out against all odds. Either way, my goal is to have fun, make friends, and win more than I lose. The first two goals I know I can achieve.

Thanks for stoppin by. . .

Come back and see us now, ya hear.

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

Hmmm ... I want to WIN every freaking tournament I enter. Just the competitive juices of an old sports guy, I guess.

If I am playing well and make good decisions, I can tolerate losing much better. But I still don't like it.

Earl said...

If I enter a tourney I'm playing for the win, but if I bust out with the best hand when pushing it doesn't hurt as bad. But as lightning36 says, "I still don't like it."

BamBam said...

OK slacker! Pick it up over here or I'll put a hex on the Gamecocks for life.

Oh crap!

Looks like someone beat me to it!

:)

Hope all is well Sir.