Friday, November 23, 2007

Life is good

My lovely bride and I went sailing over the weekend--the first day of the three day lesson on basic keel board sailing was very windy-ideal conditions. The second day was very cold, and the third day was a little wet, but I really learned a lot and got a lot of hands on experience. My lovely bride and I were joined by another novice on a Colgate 26. I am not even experienced enough to be called a novice, but both our fellow student and my bride have had some sailing experience. We very much enjoyed the class, and are excited to take the next portion of the class -though we will wait for the warmth of spring to schedule the next portion. We took our lessons at Ocean Sailing Academy in Charleston. Our instructor was very patient, knowledgeable and proficient. We were very impressed. I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is looking to learn or to sharpen their sailing skills.

No comments: