Thursday, November 22, 2007

Fat, Happy and Content(or gratitude on a day to give thanks)

Sometimes I walk around life not realizing just how good I have it. Generally, when I take stock of my personal inventory, I can't help but realize what a really lucky guy I am. I have a wife that I adore, and even better, she's kinda partial to me, too. I have happy and healthy siblings, and am blessed with quality friends. My mother is still in good shape, and though my dad died a couple of years ago, he is still missed and loved very much. I have my health, my lovely bride has her health.

We have a nice house (well, us and the bank). We have two good kids who are in their twenties and not living at home for the moment--though this is apt to change at any given time. They both work and go to school, and are genuinely good people. They make their mother proud, and that makes me greatful.

We had a nice day with my mother, my wife and my step daughter. My step son is in California visiting his father and some other friends. I have attempted not to over eat, and perhaps for the first time in my existance--I think I have succeeded. Oh well, there is at least six more weeks of this. Whew!! Next year I really am joining the gym!!! (I aint taking no bets though)

No comments: